Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Orange and Mint Green FOTD


I feel like lately I've had kind of a creative quarter-life crisis, where I've been burned out and feeling pressure from myself to do ALL THE THINGS possible to make my makeup the best it's ever been. Other parts of my life have had a similar parallel, where the false feeling of impossibility and overwhelm have been rendering me paralyzed, moody, and shut-down creatively.

This morning when I woke up, I felt a shift. I felt like suddenly the power was back in my hands; I re-realized that life is just an illusion, a play place where we get to learn, have fun, work hard, love, and grow. I felt lighter in my body and heart, and the things that were a huge deal yesterday seemed like they held no consequence for today.

TL;DR: I've been feeling shitty but now I feel great and it somehow led me to orange and green makeup.

This was inspired not only by my elevated mood, but by the fab Rebecca Shores and her blog post on color theory and how it can be used in makeup. Super informative and inspiring.

For this look I chose contrasting colors, orange and mint green. Both of these are pretty out of my comfort zone, but I actually really like how this look turned out. I kept the orange on the cheeks quite sheer so I could pump up the intensity on the lips, and kept the browns on the eyes quite rusty to keep with the theme but not detract from the orange on the lips and cheeks. The mint green is just mint green. It's there and it's unstoppable.

Now for what you probably came for, more photos! Full product list at the bottom as usual.






Product list:

FACE:

  • Nyx green color correcting primer
  • Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin in Ivory
  • Nyx blush in Taupe (contour)
  • Nyx blush in Cinnamon
  • Benefit Hoola bronzer
EYES:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • UD Strange (base color/lid highlight)
  • Nyx jumbo eye pencil in Milk (base for inner corner color)
  • UD Graffiti
  • Nyx blush in Cocoa
  • Sonia Kashuk matte neutral palette (warm brown eyeshadow, doesn't have a name)
  • ELF Eyebrow Kit in Medium
  • Makeup Forever eyeshadow No. 162 (burgundy on brows)
  • Nyx Doll Eyes mascara
  • Red Cherry Lashes #43
LIPS:
  • Nyx Indie Flick
  • Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Hot Red
Thanks for viewing, and follow my blog with Bloglovin!

Derp face, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment