Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I can see your halo!

  
I forgot how much I loved a good halo eye, so when I did the burgundy version, I freaked out and did the gold version the next day.
I haven't blogged in FOREVER guys. But I really do love this concept enough to resurrect this barren wasteland of a blog and tell you all about why I love doing a good halo eye.

Now don't get me wrong, a good cat eye and red lip is all well and good. But I really love different eyeshadow shapes that enhance the eyes in a different way. For this reason, a halo eye is one of my favorites! 

A halo eye (as I understand it) is an eyeshadow look that keeps the darkest colors in the inner and outer corners of eye and crease, leaving the center a lighter color. This puts a beautiful highlight right above the iris! When I do a halo eye, I keep everything matte except the center lid highlight. I also keep the eyeliner very close to the lashline, really only tightlining so my lashes blend as seemlessly as possible.

Here, I used red, burgundy, and black shadow, with a pale pink highlight. I did a mauve and pale pink lip, and highlighted the center and cupid's bow with the same pink eyeshadow I used for the lid highlight.



The lighting is kind of different on these next two photos, I guess the sun went behind a cloud! But I wanted to show the lashes. They're the Khroma brand , which is the Kardashian brand I guess. That's embarrassing, but the lashes are really pretty, and that's all I really care about! The name on the back of the box is "Scintillate".


Khroma lashes in Scintillate 
Two days after I did the above look, I decided to do the same halo eye concept with browns and golds. I think I like the burgundy/black/pink better, but I'm happy with how the gold turned out too!




The lashes I used for this version are Red Cherry #73. They're almost identical to #16, and I'm honesty not even sure what the difference is! But I love using lashes like these for a halo eye, because they show up so beautifully against the center lid highlight. Lashes like the #43s that are quite flared would look nice too, but I like to keep the inner and outer corners more balanced when I do a halo eye.

Red Cherry Lashes #73

Product Lists

Burgundy/pink version:

FACE
  • Nyx Pore Filler
  • Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Ultra Light (highlight)
  • Nyx Concealer in Fair (the one in the jar)
  • Nyx Taupe blush
EYES
  • Anastasia Dipbrow in Chocolate
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Bitten
  • Makeup Forever eyeshadow No. 162
  • Dark brown and black eyeshadow from Nude'Tude
  • Pale pink/lilac eyeshadow from Sleek iDivine Oh-So-Special palette
  • Nyx Liner/Smudger in black
  • Khroma Lashes in Scintillate 

LIPS
  • Nyx Milk (center lip highlight)
  • Revlon Matte Balm in Complex
  • Nyx Slim Lip Pencil in Mauve
  • I used the same pink eyeshadow as a center lip and cupid's bow highlight
Gold/brown version:

FACE
  • Nyx Photo Loving Anti-Redness Primer
  • Ben Nye translucent powder
  • Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff (used the powder before foundation method)
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Ultra Light (highlight)
  • Nyx Taupe blush (contour)
  • Nyx Cocoa blush 
  • Mary Loumanizer
EYES
  • Anastasia Dipbrow in Chocolate
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Warm brown color from the Sonia Kashuk matte neutral palette
  • Nyx Blush in Cocoa
  • Dark brown eyeshadow from Nude'Tude
  • Orange and gold shadows from Sleek iDivine Sunset palette (center lid highlight)
  • Nyx Liner/Smudger in black
  • Red Cherry Lashes #73
  • Mary Loumanizer (center lid highlight)
LIPS
  • Nyx Milk mixed with Revlon Matte Balm in Complex
  • Nyx Butter Lip Gloss in Creme Brulee
Thanks for viewing! Here's my face making a weird shape. And if you want, follow my blog with Bloglovin!

6 comments:

  1. You are so gorgeous! I love this look on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off I have so missed seeing your posts! Second I really like the burgundy one especially what you did with the lips. I wish you lived by me so you could do my makeup lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's sweet! I really want to post more. Life's been a little busy but I would like to start doing more blog posts and youtube videos! I'll be releasing one tomorrow for this look :)

      Delete
  3. So gorgeous! Love your silly faces lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your makeup looks and your blog! What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete