Thursday, May 28, 2015

UNDEREYE BAGS


I've always thought there was something chic and glamorous about people who had awesome lower lids that could be contoured and played up. It has that I-woke-up-with-this-badass-smoky-eye-because-I-don't-give-a-damn-and-still-always-look-awesome quality to it, know what I mean?
Well, anyway, I dig undereye bag contour. I've seen it around instagram lately, particularly Samantha Ravndhal's instagram, and I decided to try to really make it happen for myself.


I really like how it turned out!

A twitter follower alerted me to the fact that this is in fact a Korean beauty trend called "aegyo sal".


Who started the trend where you dye your roots and get it all over yourself then say "fuck it" and put on a lip color to match your hair dye halo?


Because I'm on board with that too.

Product list:

FACE
  • Mac Face & Body in C1, N1, and White 
  • Ben Nye translucent powder 
  • Boots Radiance Balm
  • Nyx blush in Taupe 
  • Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma eyeshadow (highlight)

EYES
  • NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
  • Anastasia Dipbrown in Chocolate
  • Benefit Gimme Brow in medium/dark
  • Sonia Kashuk Matte Neutrals palette
  • Makeup Geek Shimma Shimma
  • Makeup Geek gel liner in Immortal
  • Red Cherry Lashes #510
LIPS
  • Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp (this looks much more yellow-based in better lighting, more coral, less true pink)

5 comments:

  1. I am on board with the hair dye everywhere trend ;)
    Beauty Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this makeup look is amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are GORGEOUS! your makeups are so good, i really got a lot ideas from you. keep up the good work :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm interesting! Thats one of my favorite things about you is you explore new looks you dont just keep doing the same thing over and over. Also the color of your hair dye makes me want it. If only my hair wasn't dyed box black. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. this has been a beauty trend in south korea for years now called 'aegyo sal' though i guess aegyo sal and this look are a bit different. i never saw this as popular among westerners who aren't into kpop or kdrama so that's kind of weird seeing you do a look with it.

    ReplyDelete